*Post Sponsored by La Tortilla Factory. All of the opinions and recipe are my own
Don’t you hate it when you want spicy Mexican food but you’ve run out of hot sauce? That’s the worst! Luckily, I’ve recently discovered a tortilla that has a slight fiery kick to it called Non-GMO Hand Made Style Smoky Chipotle by La Tortilla Factory. Not only does it add some heat to my tacos, but these are also these tortillas are tender and thick similar to the authentic ones you would eat in Mexico. Check out my recipe that I started cooking in my recent video parody (Click HERE) for Abuelita Is Unimpressed’s video.
- 3 small bell peppers (red, orange, yellow or green), sliced about 1/3 inches thick
- 12 pieces of medium size deveined shrimp (unfrozen)
- 2 tbsp. fajita mix (cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin, sea salt, brown sugar, salt, & garlic powder)
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 4 Non-GMO hand made style smoky chipotle tortillas
- 1/2 cup of guacamole or avocado to add a creamy texture
- Place sliced bell peppers into a medium heated non-stick pan (adding oil is optional). Cook until the bell peppers are tender and slightly browned, which will be about 8-14 min.
- Mix the fajita mix and olive oil with the shrimp until evenly coated
- Sauté the shrimp on a low heated non-stick pan (adding oil to the pan is optional) and cook throughly for about 5-8 min.
- Heat up the smoky chipotle tortillas on a non-stick pan or comal for about 1 min on each side on medium heat (Optional).
- Place bell peppers and shrimp on each tortilla, add guacamole for taste (Optional).