Leaner Tip: Substitute sushi rice with sliced cucumbers to reduce recipe by ~150 calories per oz.
- 10 oz of raw sushi grade yellowtail
- 3 cups of ribbon sliced house cucumbers (2 or 3 cucumbers)
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp of soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp of wasabi
- Peel and remove the skin of the cucumber.
- To make the sushi roll wraps, peel the cucumber vertically from one end to the other to create a thin ribbon like cucumber slices. Repeat the process until you start to see the cucumber seeds,then stop because cucumber slices will break apart. So then peel from the opposite side of the cucumber.
- Slice the salmon into ~18 pieces each.
- Chop the cilantro into 1″ pieces
- Combine one piece of yellowtail with some cilantro on one end of the cucumber ribbon slice, roll up, and repeat until you’ve create about 18 yellowtail and cilantro cucumber rolls. Serve with soy sauce and wasabi.