If you like sushi rolls with a pop of fresh herbs, this Japanese Yellowtail and Cilantro Cucumber Roll recipe is the dish for you. But if you want a more hearty sushi roll, you may want to try my Japanese Salmon and Cream Cheese Philly Cucumber Roll, which will suit you nicely. Or if you want some heat in your dish, you should try my Japanese Spicy Tuna Cucumber Roll recipe.
- 10 oz of raw sushi grade yellowtail
- 3 cups of ribbon sliced house cucumbers (2 or 3 cucumbers)
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp of soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp of wasabi
- Peel and remove the skin of the cucumber.
- To make the sushi roll wraps, peel the cucumber vertically from one end to the other to create a thin ribbon like cucumber slices. Repeat the process until you start to see the cucumber seeds,then stop because cucumber slices will break apart. So then peel from the opposite side of the cucumber.
- Slice the salmon into ~18 pieces each.
- Chop the cilantro into 1″ pieces
- Combine one piece of yellowtail with some cilantro on one end of the cucumber ribbon slice, roll up, and repeat until you’ve create about 18 yellowtail and cilantro cucumber rolls. Serve with soy sauce and wasabi.