Leaner Tip: Substitute flour noodles with shirataki noodles to reduce recipe by ~200 calories per cup.
- 2 bags of shirataki noodles (16 oz total)
Tomato and Ground Turkey Pasta Sauce
- 2 tsp of Italian spice mix
- 2 wedge slices of Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cream Cheese
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 10 oz of ground turkey (85-94% lean) or 12oz of ground turkey (95-97% lean)
- To make the pasta with sauce, rinse and boil the shirataki noodles for 5 min. Drain water from the pasta. Set aside
- To a make the pasta sauce, sauté the spices with the ground turkey for 1-2 min and then add in the chopped tomatoes and cheese wedges. Slowly stir on low heat until the cheese melts; (optional) add 1/8 cup of water to help the cheese melt and add additional salt for taste.
- Mix the pasta with the sauce and stir for another minute before plating.