Israeli Cauliflower Couscous Cucumber Salad Recipe
Although I have been to many countries in the Middle East, one country that’s on my bucket list is Israel. I’ve heard that this country has quite the food scene. But for now, I’ve been inspired to make this recipe from some of the refreshing dishes from the Israeli restaurants I’ve dined at in Los Angeles. As much as I love eating these pillowy bits of fluffy carbs, I do try to adhere to a more low-carb eating lifestyle. By substituting couscous with grated cauliflower, you may be able to reduce this Israeli Cauliflower Couscous dish by ~150 calories per cup. So let’s get started!
Want to try a sweet and savory low carb couscous dish? Check out this Moroccan Chicken Couscous recipe. Enjoy and feel free to comment below what you think of this recipe.
1.25 cups of grated cauliflower
1 cup of Persian cucumbers
1/2 cup of diced tomatoes
1/2 cup of fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tsp of minced fresh mint
4 tsp of lemon juice
1/2 tsp of sea salt
2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Grate the cauliflower using a cheese grater or food processor until it is the size of couscous.
- Place the grated cauliflower into a microwaveable bowl and add a wet paper towel on top before microwaving this for 1 min.
- Dice the tomatoes into 1/2″ cubes
- Mince fresh flat leaf parsley and mint.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl, mix and serve.