Leaner Tip: Substitute white rice with grated cauliflower to reduce recipe by ~200 calories per cup.
Chinese Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 2.25 cups of cauliflower
- 2 whole eggs and 8 oz of chicken breast (or 6 whole eggs)
- 1/2 cup of red bell peppers (any color is ok)
- 1/4 cup of scallions
- 4 tsp of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- To make the rice, grate the cauliflower. Set aside.
- Add 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil to a non-stick pan. Saute the bell peppers for 2-3 min. Then add the cauliflower and continue to sauté for another 1-2 min. Set aside.
- Cut up the chicken into 1/2″ cubes and sauté on a non-stick pan for 7-10 minutes on medium low heat. Set aside.
- Mix the raw eggs in a bowl until throughly blended. Add 1 tsp of olive oil to a non-stick pan. Scramble the eggs for 2-3 mins until fully cooked. Then add in the chicken, cauliflower rice, bell peppers, scallions, and soy sauce. Feel free to add in additional salt and black pepper for taste.
Leave A Comment