Leaner Tip: Substitute flour noodles with shirataki noodles to reduce recipe by ~200 calories per cup.
- 24 oz of macaroni shirataki noodles
- 8 oz of (2%) low fat plain greek yogurt
- 8 oz of low-fat cheddar cheese or cheese blend
- 4 wedge slices of Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese
- 4 strips of turkey bacon
- To make the macaroni, rinse and boil the macaroni shirataki noodles for 5 min.
- Drain water and keep the pasta and pat dry with a paper towel; this will help the cheese stick to the pasta better. When completely dry, put the pasta back in the same cooking pot.
- Mix 8 oz of low fat plain greek yogurt, then add the laughing cow light cream cheese wedges until fully melted. Then slowly mix in the low fat cheddar cheese/cheese blend until also melted.
- Chop up the turkey bacon into 1/2″ pieces, sauté in a separate pan than the one for the macaroni noodles for 5 min on medium heat. Once it’s fully cooked, mix turkey bacon into the mac ‘n cheese, top with parmesan cheese, and then serve.