- 3 cups of sliced jicama (~ 1/4″ thick – same shape as french fries)
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt (for taste – optional)
- 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper (for taste – optional)
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Place Jicama slices on a dish. Add 2 tbsp of water to the plate and cover the slices with a wet paper towel or microwaveable cover; this process will soften up the fries prior to putting them in the oven. Microwave for 15 min (toss the slices around after 8 min to cook more evenly).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Carefully place jicama slices on parchment paper on top of a large flat oven safe dish.
- Evenly spread the olive oil on the jicama slices and then gently sprinkle the spices on top.
- Place in the oven for about 45 min (or until it’s golden brown). And be sure to flip the slices around once or twice during the baking process so all pieces are evenly baked.
- Let cool and eat with your favorite condiment. (mine is ketchup)