It’s summertime and you want a hearty burger but you don’t want to be in a food coma afterward? Then you should try this juicy low carb American barbecue turkey bacon sliders recipe. When I was on my weight-loss journey many years ago that requested a low carb (NOT no-carb) diet, I wanted to make this process enjoyable. Because I don’t enjoy eating a basic salad or rabbit food. I created this dish because I wanted all the flavors of the burger that I love minus all the sugar that would send me into a sluggish state or feeling bloated. By substituting 1 flour bun with white mushroom caps, you can reduce this recipe by ~130 calories per 1.5 oz. So let’s get started with this American barbecue turkey bacon sliders recipe.
Need some low carb fries with this mouth-watering these American barbecue turkey bacon sliders? Check out this low carb jicama french fries recipe with garlic and parsley. Or if you want the standard keto-friendly jicama fries, you can also click HERE for that recipe. Enjoy and feel free to comment below what you think of this burger recipe.
- 12 small white mushrooms about 2″ in width (~2.5 cups)
- 2 small vine ripe tomato (~1/4 cup)
- 4 strips of turkey bacon
- 3 tsp of barbecue sauce
- To make the buns, preheat the oven to 390F(200C). Line baking pan with parchment paper. Wash the mushrooms, remove the stems, and place on the baking sheet with the mushroom gills facing upwards. Bake for 10 min with tin foil on top of the mushrooms sealed on three out of the four sides to let out some moisture; the tin foil will help keep the mushroom “buns” moist and juicy!
- To cook the turkey bacon, please place the turkey bacon on a non-stick pan on medium heat. You should cook each side for about 3-4 min on each side until it turns slightly brown and toasty. Remove the strips and place on a paper towel while it cools down.
- To make the patty, use ground turkey and form 6 small patties about 2″ wide. Cook the patties on medium heat on a non-stick pan. You should cook each side for about 5-7 min on each side until thoroughly cooked. Set aside.
- Slice tomatoes into 12 disc-shaped pieces.
- Stack all ingredients together starting with the mushroom, then turkey patty, BBQ sauce, tomato slices, and then mushroom.