Leaner Tip: Substitute white flour with grated cauliflower to reduce recipe by ~400 calories per cup.
- 1 cup Grated Raw Cauliflower or 100 g
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters
- 1/2 cup or 2 oz 2% Reduced Fat Three Cheese Mexican Blend
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder – optional
- 1/4 tsp basil – optional
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp or 1.5 oz 2% reduced fat Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian diced tomatoes or Rotel tomatoes, canned – less than 5 g of carbs per serving
- To make the pizza sauce, pour 1/2 cup diced tomatoes and puree into a blender or food processor. Blend or chop for a few seconds. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- To make the pizza dough, grate the cauliflower or place into the blender (pulse for for 30-60sec) until it’s the size of a piece or rice or smaller. Squeeze out excess water from the cauliflower using a cheese cloth. Combine grated cauliflower, egg, cheese, garlic powder and basil until mixed completely. Flatten out the mixture; the thinner the crust the less chance of it being soggy. Bake for 15-20 minutes on each side for a total of 30-40 minutes. Add toppings and heat up in the oven for another 10 min.