December is a fun time with lots of holiday celebrations. If you are hosting a festive dinner, try this easy-to-make holiday side dish: cheesy cauliflower mash recipe that tastes rich, cheesy and decadent, but is also low carb. Yes, that is possible. Trust me. This dish is made with Real California Milk cheese, butter, rosemary, thyme, and garlic. I promise you, even kids who don’t like veggies will be asking for more. Check out the recipe below:
Hope you enjoy this keto-friendly and delicious cauliflower mash that pairs well with your roasted chicken dish or steak! To find dairy products with the Real California Milk seal, use this product locator to find a store near you. Click HERE for the link.
- 1 small head of cauliflower (cut into 1-inch pieces)1 cup of grated Real California Oaxaca cheese (mozzarella also works)
- 1 cup of grated Real California asiago and dry jack
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp fresh rosemary (minced)
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp Real California butter
- Boil the cauliflower florets until you can cut through it like soft butter; this takes about 20-30 min2.
- Remove the water from the pot so your mash won’t be too watery
- Carefully transfer the cauliflower into a food processor and blend until smooth (you can also use a potato masher as well for a chunkier texture)
- Return the cauliflower mash into the pot on very low heat
- Slowly blend in the grated cheeses and spices