* Post sponsored by Real California Milk, but recipe and opinions are my own.
Do you love savory and crunchy snacks as much as I do? There’s something about munching on salty potato chips that just bring back happy childhood memories. However, my metabolism isn’t as fast as it was when I was a kid.
After losing twenty pounds via a low carb lifestyle, I’m more conscious of what I put into my body; my mentality about portion control and eating lower carb foods have helped me to maintain my weight-loss, have a steady energy level, and reduce stomach bloat. But I still have cravings for junk foods like chips. Through my partnership with Real California Milk, I discovered that I could create my own healthier keto-friendly snacks baking with asiago, dry jack, or romano cheeses to make crunchy crisps. The flavors and textures of these cheeses are similar to parmesan. However, I recommend baking with these cheeses because they come from California dairies, which 99% are family run establishments; I have to give my state lots of love and support.
And if you have a slight sweet-tooth, I also recommended mixing cranberries to the mix. If you’re curious about where to find these Real California cheeses, click HERE for a product locator.
Do these chips make you hungry enough to try this easy recipe? Let me know in the comments.
Here’s my recipe for my Rosemary and Garlic Asiago Cheese Chips:
- 3/4 cup of shredded or crumbled Real California Milk asiago cheese (* optional romano or dry jack)
- 2 tbsp of minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 12”x17” non-stick baking sheet (or parchment paper)
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Evenly mix the Real California cheese, rosemary, and garlic powder
- Place 1 tbsp of the cheese mixture on a non-stick baking tray about 2” apart from each other; flatten each pile so it will bake and crisp evenly. If you use parchment paper, be sure to generously spray it with a cooking oil to prevent them from sticking to the paper.
- Bake 6-8 min until it’s golden brown
- Carefully remove the tray from the oven and let the chips cool (10 min) on the baking sheet.